The mission of the Theatrical and Multimedia Research Institute is to conduct scientific research in areas where the University of Arts is empowered on the basis of grants, projects gained through participation in national and international competitions, on the basis of bilateral contracts with other universities, research institutes from country and abroad, as well as with economic units, SMEs, NGOs, etc.
The mission of the Theatrical and Multimedia Research Institute is circumscribed to the following strategic coordinates:
- Promoting the University of Arts in the top of national universities
- Identification and activation of financial resources for the theatrical and multimedia research projects
- Initiation of theater and multimedia research projects
- Orientation towards multidisciplinary research
- Conservation of cultural goods
- Data processing and dissemination of information
- Human resource development.
The main objectives of the Theatrical and Multimedia Research Institute are as follows:
- Supporting and encouraging the submission of research projects in national and international competitions of teachers, PhD students, master students and students from the University of Art, as well as some national and international collaborators from national and international universities and institutes
- Stimulate and promote national values of culture and art
- Discovering cultural goods and information relevant to the research field, capitalizing on and promoting them
- Increasing the quality of scientific research by increasing the number of collaborations with national and international universities and institutes
- Initiating and supporting information activities for the benefit of specialists and the general public
- Professional support and counseling for the benefit of researchers, teachers and students
- International dissemination of research results
- Supporting the theatrical educational activity by participating in the development of didactic materials and counseling
- Editorial activities – books, periodicals, printed prints, digital publications
- Organization of training courses.